PSM – Professional Scrum Master
A scrum master is the facilitator for an agile development team. Scrum is a framework that allows a team to self-organize and make changes quickly, in accordance with agile principles. The scrum master manages the process for how information is exchanged.
The core responsibilities of a Scrum Master include:
- Helping the Product Owner maintain the Product Backlog in a way that ensures the needed work is well understood so the team can continually make forward progress
- Helping the team to determine the definition of done for the product, with input from key stakeholders
- Coaching the team, within the Scrum principles, in order to deliver high-quality features for its product
- Promoting self-organization within the team
- Helping the Scrum Team to avoid or remove impediments to its progress, whether internal or external to the team
- Facilitating team events to ensure regular progress
- Educating key stakeholders in the product on Scrum principles
- Coaching the Development Team in self-organization and cross-functionality
The PSM course is spread across two-days and covers the following:
- Scrum theory and principles
- The Scrum Framework
- The Definition of Done
- Working with people and teams
- Scrum in your organization
- The role of the Scrum Master
The Training cost includes -
1. One FREE attempt of PSM I ($150)
2. Another FREE attempt of PSM I ($150) if the first attempt is made within 14 days after the class and unfortunately the participant doesn't pass.
3. $100 discount on PSM II
4. $200 discount on PSM III
5. 14 PDUs
6. Student course material in hard copy
7. Training reference guide as soft copy
The PSM I, II and III level certifications are achieved on obtaining a minimum passing score in a rigorous assessment, which is held online.
PSM I holders understand the basics thoroughly, and are able to use globally accepted terminology and approaches to Scrum.PSM II holders have a deep understanding of the principles and processes that underpin Scrum framework and can effectively apply Scrum in the organizational context. PSM III certification holders demonstrate a distinguished level of mastery over Scrum.
To learn more about each level, visit this link: https://www.scrum.org/professional-scrum-certifications/professional-scrum-master-assessments