PSM – Professional Scrum Master
A scrum master is the facilitator for an agile development team. Scrum is a framework that allows a team to self-organize and make changes quickly, in accordance with agile principles. The scrum master manages the process for how information is exchanged.
The core responsibilities of a Scrum Master include:
- Helping the Product Owner maintain the Product Backlog in a way that ensures the needed work is well understood so the team can continually make forward progress
- Helping the team to determine the definition of done for the product, with input from key stakeholders
- Coaching the team, within the Scrum principles, in order to deliver high-quality features for its product
- Promoting self-organization within the team
- Helping the Scrum Team to avoid or remove impediments to its progress, whether internal or external to the team
- Facilitating team events to ensure regular progress
- Educating key stakeholders in the product on Scrum principles
- Coaching the Development Team in self-organization and cross-functionality
The PSM course is spread across two-days and covers the following:
- Scrum theory and principles
- The Scrum Framework
- The Definition of Done
- Working with people and teams
- Scrum in your organization
- The role of the Scrum Master
The Training cost includes -
1. One FREE attempt of PSM I ($150)
2. Another FREE attempt of PSM I ($150) if the first attempt is made within 14 days after the class and unfortunately the participant doesn't pass.
3. $100 discount on PSM II
4. $200 discount on PSM III
5. 14 PDUs
6. Training reference guide as soft copy
The PSM I, II and III level certifications are achieved on obtaining a minimum passing score in a rigorous assessment, which is held online.
PSM I holders understand the basics thoroughly, and are able to use globally accepted terminology and approaches to Scrum.PSM II holders have a deep understanding of the principles and processes that underpin Scrum framework and can effectively apply Scrum in the organizational context. PSM III certification holders demonstrate a distinguished level of mastery over Scrum.
To learn more about each level, visit this link: https://www.scrum.org/professional-scrum-certifications/professional-scrum-master-assessments